Tri-Cities Early Childhood Mental Health Services (ECMH) is a new community program available to children from birth through six years of age and their families, and is part of the SHARE Early Intervention Therapy Services Program. Our focus is on children with developmental challenges, who are also experiencing social, emotional, or behavioural difficulties. The purpose of this program is to ensure that families have access to appropriate assessment, service planning, treatment and support services in order to address any challenges they face and promote the emotional well-being of their children.
Finding the kind of support and resources that best fit the needs of you and your child can be challenging. To assist you in making an informed decision about services, this information is designed to provide answers to questions that you may have about the program. Details include information about the team of professionals involved, and what to expect throughout your participation in the program.
As a key member of the team, you will be involved with each phase of services, which includes:
- An assessment of the strengths, needs, and priorities of your child and family, followed by recommendations for support services.
- The development of a family service plan to find ways in which we can assist you and your family to address the recommendations and reach your goals.
- Access to treatment services that best fit the needs of your child and family.
- Consultation and support as you access community services and continue to develop your skills in working as a team with your child and service providers.
- Follow-up support to address the value of the family service plan in providing assistance to your child and family.