Legal Advocacy Program
This program is funded by the Law Foundation of British Columbia and is intended to assist residents of the Tri-Cities with information, referrals and representation in the areas of income assistance applications/reviews (Ministry of Housing and Social Development, Employment Insurance, Canada Pension Plan and Landlord/tenant disputes. Services include:
- Providing information, advice and referrals to assist in accessing services.
- Assisting with problem solving and support self advocacy.
- Assisting with completion of forms, applications, letters and appeal documents.
To contact the Legal Advocate call 604-937-6982
Pro Bono Law Services
SHARE hosts a pro bono law clinic one afternoon per month. The clinic offers a free 30 minute consultation with a qualified lawyer. The lawyer will help the person review their situation and advise them as to next steps and potential services to help with their legal problem.
To find out more and get help:
- call SHARE’s King Edward office – 604-540-9161
- call the Access Justice Hotline at 604-878-7400 to learn about other pro bono clinics as well as SHARE’s.